Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wake Up

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is just to keep your eyes open. I mean that in every sense of the word... literal, of course, because as we speak my eyelids are drooping in an attempt at stealing away some seconds of sleep. I even mean it figuratively--if you're not paying attention, there's no telling of the things you will miss. These past months I feel like I've been drifting through life with a closed off disposition, with my eyes closed, or at least focused on one pinpoint of light until the rest of it becomes a purple haze and it hurts to keep looking. And just like that, in one excruciating blur, the semester has passed. Well, soon, anyway.

I've always been guilty of having tunnel vision, personally, of closing my eyes off to everybody else in the world other than my own interests, my own needs. But seeing what other people are doing, how other people study and succeed, the work of other fashion bloggers, of artists, etc, I have begun to become re-inspired. I'm still far away from knowing who I am, but I am beginning to look at more things, to peruse more options, I suppose. I'm not sure. These things are tenuous, aren't they?

I shot a photo of Sarah Catherine this week. I always love her color schemes, she makes purple and orange work in a way that I would never be able to pull off. Props!


It's hard to stay awake during finals season, but I know we can do it!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment