Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Coziness of Strange Places

With each meticulous trim and fold, my room begins to feel more like a little home. It's a humble affair, seeing as the stock furniture takes up over half the space, but I tuck in treasures here and there.

Yesterday my housemates and I crowded into a dark bathroom to watch lifesaver mints spark in our mouths. I'm finally beginning to feel the summer lethargy dissipate, and the heaviness lifts, a little. I have much to look forward to and so much to learn, and the presence of others helps. However, the reality of what I will have to do to keep this blog alive hits me, as well, when my surroundings populate with unfamiliar faces. I'm quite afraid to ask strangers to take their pictures. In fact, I spent the whole day dreading the thought yet insisting to myself that I must, which resulted in a spectacular sort of inner conflict.

Luckily for me, however, I spotted my friend Ankita at Grins. What a beautiful girl! Her top really resonated with me, reminding me of the night sky and its constellations.





No comments:

Post a Comment